Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lost L$

I lost some L$ mysteriously today. Only L$3, a small amount, but it is money nonetheless. I checked my transaction history, and somehow there was no history of me losing the L$3. I have emailed Linden Labs technical support to see if this is a bug or something, hopefully they can check it out and give a reply. Otherwise, it is hard to trust that SL is secure... after all, no one likes to lose money mysteriously.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any idea what the cause could be?

1 comment:

Miki Jannings said...

This is an embarrassment, but I just found out why I lost L$. It is because of my group obligations. I participate in yard sales, and also rent vendor spaces. Most of these require me to join their respective groups. And when stipend for group land is due, and there is not enough money in the group, group members actually have to pay. Of course, this depends on the group too. Some groups do not make their ordinary members pay for group obligations, so you should check out your group's info to learn more. To learn what is due to the group, you can check under Groups->Info->Land and Linden. To see if you are obliged to pay for the group's obligations, check out the "Roles" under Groups->Info->Members' Roles.