Sunday, February 11, 2007

First class at NCI

I went for my first class yesterday. It was a class on clothing creations by Rainbow. The class was held at NCI South, which you can teleport to from NCI Plaza itself. Just click on one of the two signboards there. Be sure to click the right one!

I got the lesson schedule from the big signboard at NCI Plaza. You can either read it off the screen, or click on the signboard for a notecard with the schedule. There are some interesting classes being held throughout the week. Too bad that most of them are outside my log in hours. Living in a different time zone and all... I wonder if they will give out their course material...

One of the main takeaways from this clothing class is how the textures map onto my body. We were actually told to wear the UV maps and I managed to take some snapshots after the event, so that I can study how the textures are mapped and work on clothing accordingly. Having only used Photoshop CS, I think I want to switch to GIMP, which is free!

Anyway, classes at NCI are free, do check out the schedules and see what interest you. Maybe we will see each other in class one day.

No comments: