Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Light green dress

I saw a similar dress in the newspapers the other day, and decided to make one. I had originally wanted to use photo source, but eventually gave up the idea (after two hours of hard work) because there was just too much work to be done trying to fit the image onto the template.

So I tried making my own template using the tools and filters available in GIMP. First, to create the crumpled effect, I used the gradient tool to draw around 50 lines, then blurred it with a Gaussian blur, and then used emboss to create the final crumpled effect. The collar area was similar done using gradients. The colours were added using separate layers for each colour, with opacity set at 50% for each colour layer. The result is the dress below, and is available at my shop at KO Designer's Mall, as well as the yard sales in SecondLife that I take part in, such as at Under the Boardwalk and Gorean Open Air Market.

No comments: